Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th!

Well, the 4th has come and gone. We decided to have a peaceful, quiet, day at home. Wyatt slept till around 4:45 which was wonderful! Then we fed him, and when I say we, I mean me! BUT, Greg was busy unloading the dishwasher and making bottles which is a huge task in and of itself! We've pretty much settled into a routine where nighttime feedings are concerned. Wyatt wakes up, I go to the bathroom (thought that was going to end once he was born, nope), then I put the bottle to heat. Greg gets up, gets Wyatt, changes his diaper and re-swaddles him. I then sit to feed Wyatt and Greg unloads the dishwasher, makes bottles (so I just have to grab and heat during the day), then loads the dishwasher if it needs it. He then heads off to bed. I'm usually back in bed around 30 minutes after Wyatt has woken up, on a good night. For the 2nd feeding, same routine, except this time since the chores are done, Greg goes back to sleep. I'm totally okay with that since he does have to go to work in the morning!

Getting back to our 4th of July day...Wyatt slept till 4:45. Then, at 7:30, the phone rings...yes, the phone. Everyone was still asleep, including Tori who usually wakes up around 6:45. I check out the caller id and it's the Yard Depot. Greg called them yesterday to get and estimate on delivering mulch. Now, he didn't leave a message or anything asking them to call us back. They must have checked their caller id and decided to call us back, AT 7:30 IN THE MORNING. After his chat with them, Greg then tells me we better get up. I look at him and ask "why??"...remember everyone in my house is still asleep. He then reminds me we have the 4th of July parade this morning. Wesley is riding in the parade with his Cub Scout troop and we'll be watching from Kim and Mike's house as they are in the path of the parade! After his reminder I respond with a lovely "CRAP-O-LA" and my day begins.

We rush, rush, rush, to make sure everyone is dressed and ready...Wesley in his Scout uniform, and the other 2 in their 4th outfits. We drop Wesley off and head over to Mike and Kim's place. I fed Wyatt while we waited. Tori played with the cats inside for a bit and went potty. Daddy wasn't good enough to take her though and Aunt Kim had the honor of taking her!! We did bring Tori breakfast, but in all the excitement, never gave it to her! She didn't complain though.

The rest of our day was spent lazily around the house putting together a cabinet for my office. I did the 1st part and Greg did the second. It's not perfect (according to G) but I think it looks great and it's just what I need. Did I mention we've had this cabinet since around Feb/March? Anyway, it only came with 3 shelves, so I'm going to have to get some cut and get some clips to hold them.

Around 8:00, Mike and Kim came over. Mike swam a bit with the kids and Greg then we headed outside for the fireworks. We had ours and they bought some also. At first Tori was scared and wanted to go in, but I was feeding Wyatt (are you seeing a pattern to my life????) and Greg was helping light, so she eventually got over it and did great! At one point she wanted to light some of her own but no, not gonna happen....I did get word this morning that she did do a sparkler last night AFTER I went in with Wyatt. Kim had asked me at one point if she could do one and I (being the responsible parent I am) said NO, she's too young. When Greg told me this morning she did one, I just let it go...what's the point in saying how dangerous it was, if something went wrong she could be scarred for life, literally. I mean what's done is done and I can't change it now, can I??

Below are the pics of this morning and my precious kids in their 4th garb (is that a word?) You'll also get a glimpse of Greg's patriotic, 4th shoes (according to him) that he INSISTED I take as I was taking pics of the kids. I think he was just making fun of me for taking so many pics of the kids. Again, I'll just let it go....


Here's a hint, click on the pic to see it bigger!!

Can you find Wesley?

Check out the bling bling!


What a cutie!

Our Scout!!

Get down Tori!




The SHOES...now seriously, they aren't even red, white, and blue!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record....I did not give her the sparkler! I believe Bubba did.

I respect parent's wishes!

- Kim :)

Anonymous said...

Acutally...I don't remember her getting a sparkler. However T and I did have a blast with the popper streamers.

Okay enough explaining. I'll have a Shaekspeare quote thrown at me if I keep it up.

- Kim :)

Lisa said...

I actually think her DADDY gave her the sparkler!!