Tuesday, July 8, 2008

And a Possum come A-Knockin'

So the other morning, I'm walking towards my office from my bedroom. For those who have not been to my house, my patio is in between my bedroom and my office. From my bedroom to my office, I have 4 huge windows and double glass doors that lead out to my patio from my breakfast room. Anyway, I'm walking, looking out my windows as I'm passing and what do I see? 2 sleepy dogs and this....


If it looks like a dead possum, that's cause it is!!! And, who is responsible for the madness??



That's right, Pongo is. Our sweet, loveable, white dog.



Looks alittle guilty in this one, doesn't he??


Funny thing is, we never heard a thing! Either that or Wyatt has us so worn out we simply slept through the whole ordeal!! When I saw it, Greg was walking by and I asked him if he'd seen it. He said yeah, he had. I then asked him if he (Greg) thought he (possum) was playing dead!!! Yeah, no... So Greg, being the man of house, takes care of the nasty situation...he throws the dead possum over the fence. We deal with lots of "nasty situations" this way! Later in the day, we're greeted by these on our fence:



Okay, so what you don't see are the other 10 or so on the trees behind the fence. Also, at any given time there were up to 4 or 5 on the fence post! I suppose they were taking turns enjoyung their meal!!

This is not the 1st creature Pongo has killed...we can add rats to the list as well...better dead outside then snuggling with you inside. Did I mention my neighbor woke up with a mouse on her chest? Good times, good times!!

Lastly, if you've never read Possum come A-Knockin by Nancy Van Laan, you should...it's a great read! You cajun's will especially love it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be on the lookout for possum flavored treats for the dogs.

Michael

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm

- Kim