Friday, July 11, 2008

Crazy, Crazy Week...

Well, it's Friday already. I kept telling myself that all day, cause I couldn't believe it! Didn't feel like a Friday to me. Anyway, Greg turned the big 38 on Wednesday...poor guy...getting soooo old. We had a very special birthday dinner for him at home. I made crab legs and shrimp gumbo. Followed by a very small birthday cake and 2 slices of cheesecake. I had NONE of the sweets (or rice with the gumbo) as I'm trying to lose my pregnancy weight. Don't feel sorry for me though, I did indulge prior to starting my weightloss plan!! It's extremely frustrating right now cause I really want to exercise, but I can't. My dr. even made it a point to tell me so at my last appt. She did say I could walk (oh, hurrah), so we've been doing that. It's so HOT though by the time we get back I'm so sweaty it's gross! Back to Greg...Tori and Wyatt gave him some CD's and Wesley bought him a game for the PS2. We recently had a sprinkler system installed, so I printed out a piece of paper with sprinkler system on it and typed happy birthday and wrapped it up from me!!

Then, on Thursday, the kids playset was delivered and installed! I haven't taken any pictures yet, but when I do I'll share them! They LOVE it! Tori wants to spend all day outside swinging and sliding! Wesley's been joining us too (that is when he's NOT talking to his cousin on the phone!). His cousin Michael is in California for the summer and they've been spending MANY hours on the phone! When it rings and it's Michael I give a big sigh of relief because that means his dad is paying for the call, not us! He'll be home in 3 wks though, one of which Wesley will be away at camp, so only a little longer of long distance calls! We don't have free long distance anymore like we did before, so it will be interesting to see what this is going to cost us.

Today we had the best buy repair man out trying to fix our refrigerator. The ice in the door is not working. He was out a few weeks ago but had to order a part. Then, the part was back ordered so he was back this morning. It was working when he left, then a few hours later, it quit working again. I called him and he came back out when he finished all his other calls, around 5:30 and fixed it again. It worked great when he left and now, it's not working anymore. I hate Best Buy...that's all I'm going to say. That and this...their Geek Squad sucks...okay, no more...breathe in, breathe out...get back to your happy place....

So, now that it's down on paper, guess it wasn't that crazy after all....OH YEAH, I forgot...we supposedly had a package delivered on Tuesday, UPS, but it wasn't. I ordered a chair for Wesley's room (we put a desk in there for him) and the tracking shows "left at front door"....ummm, no it wasn't. I know this because I continually checked my front door on Tuesday, awaiting the packages that contained Greg's birthday presents. They were actually scheduled for Wednesday, but I thought it was Tuesday, so I kept checking...anyway...nothing. It was a huge 30 lb box, so I don't think anybody took it. I think the UPS guy took it, that's what I think. I called about it on Thursday and the driver comes by sometime that evening and leaves me a note asking if I found it...yeah, I accidently misplaced a HUGE 30 lb box...right...

I would have talked to him, but we were out back playing on the swing set! That's another company that makes me leave my happy place. They delivered my Gymboree package to another Elizabeth Foster in MAGNOLIA because our address wasn't coming up on their locating system, so they assumed that EF was me...Totally different address, totally different city...yeah, that's me I just put that I lived in Cypress to give everyone a good laugh...don't mess with me and my kid's clothes, KWIM?? I spend WAY too much on my Gymbo to have it delivered to someone in Magnolia. That was the package with Wesley's Easter outfit. In it was the shirt that matched Tori's dress. We ended up getting it on time, no thanks to UPS.

So anyway, Best Buy joins UPS on my black list. Come to think of it USPS is on that list too....you don't want to hear about the fiasco that happened with my envelopes I ordered for the birth announcements I sent out.

Okay I'll tell you...I ordered some envelopes off of ebay. The gal shipped them immediately. I waited and waited, then finally decided to check on them. Well, it showed it was delivered on June 26th, a week before. So I emailed the ebay gal (who had no responsibility at this point because she had delivery confirmation on it) to ask her what type of packaging it was in...I explained it said delivered but it wasn't. So she emails me back and tells me the box dimensions, then tells me to keep her informed because she'll make sure I get my envelopes. Well, on the 3rd I called the post office and talked with my mail carrier who SWORE UP AND DOWN SHE LEFT IT ON MY DOORSTEP. Swore up and down to me...I'm like, okay well, now what, cause I don't have them. She put me on hold to talk to her supervisor...I held for 20 minutes then decided enough was enough. I emailed ebay gal back and told her what the carrier said, and get this...she tells me she's going to mail me another pack asap, and I should get it by Tuesday. Because of the holiday, she was going to mail it on Saturday. She said if the other pack shows up, just ship it back to me...how is that for an awesome ebay seller...so I go and check the mail on saturday and what's in the lock box????? My envelopes, postmarked June 26th. The SAME envelopes my mail carrier SWORE up and down she delivered personally to my doorstep...she said she remembered exactly...right...that's why they are showing up on Saturday in the lock box. So come Monday, the 2nd set of envelopes get delivered. I emailed ebay gal and told her I got them both and offered to pay for the second set...she accepted, but said not to feel obligated to buy them! How great is she. I did buy them because I know I'll use them...and she considered them a second set, so she discounted them for me!!

So, to sum up...here's my black list so far: UPS, Best Buy, USPS...

No comments: