Tuesday, July 15, 2008

And all is well...

Wyatt had is 1 month checkup today. Well, actually he had it a week ago Monday except somebody forgot about it. Okay, so I didn't forget, I knew it was coming up, I just didn't know the exact time and date. I was waiting for my friendly reminder call from the pedi's office that they usually send the night before...nope, didn't happen. What I got instead was a nasty, where are you call...okay, it wasn't that nasty but it makes my story more interesting! Anyway, I ended up rescheduling for today. He weighed in at 9lb 10oz. For a guy that only eats 2 oz a feeding, he sure is putting on the weight! The doc said I could start offering him a 1/2 oz more, but I told him I was already offering him 2 oz more and he was adament about stopping at 2oz. Oh, if only I had that kind of will power! He was 85% for height, 50% for weight and 75% for head. These are important stats that I'm sure will serve him well in the future. He also got a shot after I was assured (over the phone) he would not. It was actually a part 2 shot, so maybe it doesn't count as a "real" shot, who knows. Anyway, he cried a bit, then got over it.

Wesley had a friend over yesterday and he ended up spending the night. I love Wesley's friends. He has chosen wisely! They are so great to NOT exclude Tori in their activities. Now, don't get me wrong....they don't necessarily INCLUDE her, but they definitely don't exclude her. That makes my life so great! They swam a bit then played on the swingset. After dinner, they played on the swingset again. Tori was in HEAVEN!!

Wesley has been great with Wyatt...too great if you ask me! The other night he finally settled down, so I put him in his swing for a few minutes so I could have just a little of me time. I went to my office to check email and such. The swing is in the family room. Greg was upstairs getting Tori ready for bed. Next thing I hear is, "Oh, lil bubba (that's Wyatt's nickname) what are you doing here all alone? You shouldn't be alone, no..." 2 minutes later Wesley strolls in with lil bubba in his arms ready to hand him over. I was not very happy. Wyatt was fine in his swing, not fussing, just chilling out, next thing you know he's in my arms, again... He's also great at feeding Wyatt when I'm in a pinch.

As for Tori....poor little thing, that could go for Tori or Wyatt. Tori so much wants to mother Wyatt. He cries and she tries to hold him. Not a good thing...so, I have to keep an eye on her or she'll try to pick him up and carry him away...If you've seen the things that she's done with her baby dolls, you'd understand! But she loves him and doesn't protest when I have to feed him, etc. She loves to help give him a bath! I tried giving Wyatt a bath in my big tub in my room. I placed his little tub into the big tub. Next thing I know I had 2 other naked children in the bath with Wyatt!!!

So, other than the french being in town (greg/work) all is well!

No comments: