Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Don't put your TRASH in the GARBAGE CAN!!!

Yes, that is what I told my son today! He was wanting to throw away his drink (the ice that was left) and went to throw it away in my brand new, $70.00 trash can. That's right folks, I paid $70.00 for a trash can. It's a really good one though! The company our neighborhood contracts with does NOT provide cans.

When we first moved in we received a huge packet from the trash collection company about what was acceptable and what wasn't. We were told we could not exceed 36 gal trash cans and we could only have 2. We could also put bags next to the cans, but it could only be 10 or something like that. Have you seen how big a 36 gallon trash can is? Not very. So, being the rule followers we are, we went out and bought our teeny, tiny cans. Well, one has a hole in it, the lids aren't attached, and they hold MAYBE 2 full bags, each. Did I mention we are one with wild critters out here?

So, after watching almost everyone else in our neighborhood pull out these nice BIG trash cans, I finally bit the bullet and headed to Home Depot this morning and purchased my $70.00, 65 gal trash can. My next door neighbors have 2 of these. I'll get another one next month! Yes, we're keeping up with the Jones and yes we gave into peer pressure...I hang my head in shame as we're such horrible, horrible people.

So, I told Wesley today he COULD NOT throw his trash away in the trash can....you would have done the same!!!

No comments: